The Corned Beef Jollof Rice is a combination of tasty corned beef gravy with cooked long-grain rice in a single recipe. Jollof is perfect in a sense because it gives you the best of both worlds.
Corned Beef Jollof RicePrint Recipe
- 3 Cups of Royal Aroma Long Grain Rice
- 340g of Canned Corned Beef
- 200g of Tomato Paste
- 6 Medium Tomatoes (Pureed)
- 6 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Blended)
- 1 Tsp of Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp of White Pepper
- 1 Tsp of Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Large Carrot (Sliced)
- 1 and ½ Tbsp Salt
- ¼ Cup of Vegetable Oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions, garlic, stir and let sweat for a minute.
- Add tomato paste, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato purèe, scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let simmer down for 8 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add curry powder, white pepper, nutmeg, salt, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add corned beef, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Wash the superior jasmine rice and drain off the water.
- Add the washed rice into the stew, add salt, 200ml of water, stir and let cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped green bell peppers, carrots, stir and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Corned beef jollof rice ready. Serve with coleslaw and shito.